Saturday, March 17, 2007

The journey begins

Although I've been familiar with the concept of blogging for quite some time now, this happens to be my first active foray into the actual blog world. The first thing that stumped me was writing about myself in my profile. Mind you, this is something I've done umpteen times in the past and have always ended up with atleast one point that I wanted to mention but could not. But things were different here. I just couldn't write anything there. Is this something others might've experienced too? Or was I just being too paranoid about the whole concept of blogging? I mean...when we were younger, a lot of us used to maintain diaries. And these diaries would be a reflection of the owner's inner feelings. More or less on the same lines as blogs are supposed to be. But that's where the similarities ended. The diaries were sacrosanct. Utterly private. Nobody but the owner would be privy to whats in it. Quite unlike a blog which is open to the whole world to see. But then...what the heck? What if my feelings are out there in public domain? Aren't feelings supposed to be voiced? Isn't it a psychological no-no to keep your feelings bottled up? Though I never kept a diary, I always had a lot on my mind. Things I wanted to say, things I wanted others to listen to and react, things I wanted to stir discussions on. And here I am. They say, better late than never. So Mr.Narcissus...or Mr.Narcissus' understudy....whoever I am....welcome to Blog World! And may your reign here last long.


Amen!

4 comments:

Black Beetle said...

Welcome to blogging ... A long way to go :)

Sneha said...

correction: maintainance of diaries may not be limited to any age group!

The Narcissist said...

Correction accepted Sneha. :)

And welcome to my blog world...though not as articulate as yours...I still try n say what I want to.

Anonymous said...

Says who, that you aren't articulate?